Before your arrival - Erasmus+ for Studies

Deadline for Step 1 and 2:

  • 15th May for 1st semester or full year mobility
  • 31st October for 2nd semester mobility

Deadline for Step 3:

  • 15th June for 1st semester or full year mobility
  • 30th November for 2nd semester mobility

Application process

  STEP 1 Registration on Uniweb

After their nomination has been accepted by Unipd - not earlier - incoming students need to register on Uniweb, our online platform, and activate their account. Registration and account activation are compulsory steps and must be completed before the application. In order to complete the procedure successfully and comply with each section requirements, please follow the handbook step by step.

The online registration procedure is available at this link:

After registration, you receive a provisional numeric username and an activation code, to be used to activate the Uniweb account and choose a personal password.

  STEP 2 Application on Uniweb

After the activation of the Uniweb account, you need to access Uniweb by using your provisional numeric username and the password you have chosen. Then you need to click on “Apply as an exchange student”,  fill in the Application form and upload the following documents:

  • a photocopy of the identity card OR a photocopy of the passport for non-EU student (the document must be valid for your whole mobility period)
  • a passport style photo (frontal headshot photo from the neck up, on a clear background)   that will be used in your Unipd student ID card

  STEP 3 Learning Agreement upload on Mobility Online

The Mobility Unit will check your personal data that you entered in Uniweb. After they are confirmed, you will receive an email with further instructions. 

On that occasion you will be asked to access Mobility Online by using the same credentials used for Uniweb (the link to access Mobility Online will be provided in the confirmation email).

You will have to complete your personal details and to upload the following documents:

  • a copy of the Transcript of Records of previous studies
  • the Learning Agreement signed by the Home Institution on a pdf file.  The LA doesn't have to be signed by the Erasmus Coordinator of the University of Padua as  he/she will sign your LA after the application procedure is completed.

Templates provided by the Home Institution are accepted; a common template is available below. 

Before preparing the LA, you must carefully read the guide How to choose courses at Unipd, where rules and restrictions on course units are described in detail. 

Useful information for filling in the Learning Agreement:

  STEP 4 Health insurance and language certificate

It is mandatory to upload in Mobility Online  the following documents, within 15 days before the beginning of the semester/trimester.

1) European Health Insurance Card or a private insurance card/policy/certificate.

The insurance must be valid for the whole mobility period. If the insurance is going to expire soon, you must renew it and upload the new one in Mobility Online as soon as you get it. 

European students or students resident in the EU may submit the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

Non-European students non-resident in the EU need a private insurance valid for the visa application. A medical insurance for a Schengen visa must meet the following criteria:
- medical coverage of at least Euro 30.000
- coverage of emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains

ATTENTION: in order to be acceptable, a medical insurance for Italian residence permit must provide evidence of a national office based in Italy to be contacted in case of emergency. 

2) Language Certificate of the Language of instruction in Padua

  • Language requirements:

B1 English level for students attending course units held in English;

A2 Italian level for students attending course units held in Italian.

If you will attend courses both in Italian and in English, a certificate for each language is required.

  • Accepted documents:

OLS test results, official language certificates (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge University, etc.), Duolingo English test, attendance certificates of intensive courses, certificates issued by University officers/professors attesting the language proficiency level, transcript of records including language exams results


Key info

Please also check the list of useful links available in the grey box below. 


Due to the limited number of places available in the students' halls of residence, only non-European students who need a study visa to enter and stay in Italy can apply for accommodation. These students will be invited by email to fill in an Accommodation form, in order to request a place. The rooms will be assigned based on the chronological order of the requests. We cannot guarantee that all applicants will be assigned a room.

In case a few places are still available after the first round of room allocations, European students will be invited via email to apply for a place in the dorms.

Neither the SASSA Service nor the Mobility Unit will be able to reply to any requests of availability of accommodation from students who haven’t been personally invited to apply for it by email.

We advise that European students and non-European students already residing in the EU start looking for private accommodation as soon as the Nomination is confirmed, because the housing situation in Padua is very critical: it is difficult to find a place to stay in a short time and at least 5-6 weeks are necessary to find a suitable place.

Further info on accommodation for incoming students.

  Visa for non-EU students

Non-EU students resident outside EU must apply for a visa before arriving in Italy, by following the instructions provided by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs. An electronic copy of the invitation letter will be sent by email to the student.

Non-EU students already resident in EU who have a valid European Residence Permit should contact the Italian diplomatic authority in their own European country of residence, to inquire if they need a visa to enter Italy and obtain an Italian residence permit. Should an invitation letter be needed, this has to be requested to the Mobility Unit of the Projects & Mobility Office  (

Invitation letters will only be sent after the reception of all the required Application documents and anyway after the deadline of the Application form.

The Mobility Unit will not send any original invitation letter by post: the Italian Embassy/Consulate will receive it directly from UNIPD via legal e-mail. The transmission of digital documents via legal e-mail ("PEC - Posta Elettronica Certificata") between Italian public administrations is legally equivalent to the transmission of original documents, and it complies with the digitalisation process undertaken by the Italian public administration in the past years. 

In order to apply for a Schengen Visa, a health insurance is required. The criteria to be met by the insurance are described under Step 4.

  The Buddy service

The University of Padua provides a Buddy Service set up to support students under any exchange programme. All Buddies are students of the University of Padua. The task of a Buddy is to welcome exchange students and be a friendly local contact throughout their stay.

Non-European students do not need to request a Buddy, they will be assigned one automatically.

For EU students, the Buddy Service is offered only upon request. They have just to tick the relevant section in Mobility Online, when entering their personal details (see Step 3) 

  Italian language courses

All students can attend a free of charge Italian language course offered by our language centre, CLA – Centro linguistico di Ateneo.
The registration period opens around 2 weeks before language courses start. Further information are provided by filling in the CLA contact form available online or at this webpage

Relevant procedures - Erasmus IN

Erasmus+ for studies (homepage)
Before your arrival
On your arrival
During your stay
At the end of your stay
UniverCity life

Versione italiana