Before your arrival - Double/joint Degrees

  Step 1: Previous study diplomas

In order to be enrolled at UniPD you will need to submit through the online Application form the previous study diplomas giving access to the degree course you are going to attend in Padova:

For Bachelor's degree programmes:

  • Secondary school diploma

For Master's degree programmes:

  • Secondary School diploma
  • Bachelor's degree diploma (or certificate) and full transcript of records

For 1-year short specialisation courses:

  • Secondary school diploma
  • Bachelor's degree diploma (or certificate) and full transcript of records
  • Master's degree diploma (or certificate) and full transcript of records

We accept diplomas and transcripts in Italian, English, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese.

Should you have not yet completed the study course you are currently attending, please upload the most recent Transcript of Records. You can send the diploma/certificate later by email to

  Step 2: Health Insurance

Non-EU students residing outside EU need a private insurance valid for the visa application, thus submitting a valid insurance card/policy/certificate through the application form is recommended.

If you do not have an insurance at the time of completing your application form, you can send it later by email to Similarly, if you need assistance on the choice of a health insurance valid for both the visa and the residence permit, you can write to

A medical insurance for a Schengen visa must meet the following criteria:

  • medical coverage of at least €30,000
  • coverage of emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains

The medical insurance for the Italian residence permit must meet the following criteria:

  • be valid for the whole mobility period (even if - for visa purposes - some Embassies/Consulates accept insurances covering only a short period)
  • provide evidence of a national office based in Italy to be contacted in case of emergency.

  Step 3: Application

Filling out the Application form is mandatory.


  •     15 June for the first semester and the full academic year
  •     15 November for the second semester

Read carefully the instructions below and then fill out the form here 
(Click on the green box "Application form - Bilateral Agreements and Double Degree students'')

Documents to be uploaded through the online application:

  • copy of your passport/ID card – mandatory document
  • previous study diplomas (University level) - mandatory document: we need the documents related to the degree that gives you access to the programme you will attend at Unipd, i.e. the Bachelor's degree if you will attend a Master's degree. You will have to upload IN ONE SINGLE FILE the diploma/graduation certificate and the complete Transcript or Records (or the Diploma Supplement). If you have not completed this programme yet, please upload the most recent Transcript of Records
  • previous study diplomas (Secondary education level): we need information about the degree that gave you access to University education, i.e. a High School degree (the diploma is a mandatory document only if the degree was obtained in Italy, otherwise you just need to provide relevant information)
  • health and travel insurance (if you already have one) – recommended document
  • European residence permit or visa (if you have any): if you have both please merge them IN ONE SINGLE FILE and upload both of them

We accept documents in Italian, English, Spanish, French, Portuguese

After the application deadline, the missing documents can be sent by email to

Double citizenship: if you have a second citizenship that allows you to enter Italy without a visa and to stay here without a residence permit (i.e.: an European citizenship), you should fill out all our forms using your extra-European personal data (surname, name, document data), mentioning also your second citizenship where requested and upload both the European and the extra-European passport.

Upon completion of “Step 3: Application procedure”, students should proceed to “Step 4: Accommodation”.

NB: Should you also benefit from an Erasmus scholarship, please remember that your Double/Joint Degree student status has the priority, so you should only follow the procedures mentioned in this section. Nonetheless, if you need your Learning Agreement to be signed, you can send it by email to

  Step 4: Accommodation

Halls of residence
Accommodation in the students’ halls of residence is provided by SASSA Service. All students are required to fill out an Accommodation form, even if they choose for private housing.
Accommodation form for incoming students

Private housing
All students can search for private accommodation on HousingAnywhere, an international housing platform for students, PhD candidates and trainees. Through HousingAnywhere they can safely book their new accommodation, offered by verified private landlords and by outgoing students. Rooms offered by outgoing students can be easily recognized thanks to the "Verified Student" VIP badge on their profile.
To receive an UniPd VIP profile and priority access to the listings:
For more information:

  Step 5: Non-EU students

Non-EU students resident outside EU must apply for a visa before arriving in Italy, by following the instructions provided by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs. An electronic copy of the invitation letter will be sent by email to the address indicated by the student during the Registration process.

The Projects and Mobility Office - Mobility Unit will not send any original invitation letter by post: the Italian Embassy/Consulate will receive it directly from UniPD via legal e-mail. The transmission of digital documents via legal e-mail ("PEC - Posta Elettronica Certificata") between Italian public administrations is legally equivalent to the transmission of original documents, and it complies with the digitalisation process undertaken by the Italian public administration in the past years.
Invitation letters will only be sent after the reception of all the required Application documents.
In order to apply for a Schengen Visa, a health insurance is required. The criteria to be met by the insurance are described under the step "Health Insurance" (see above).

Non-EU students resident in the EU and holding a European residence permit may be exempted from the visa requirement.

  • If your European permit is valid throughout the whole period of stay in Italy, you do not need a visa to enter Italy, you will just have to inform the Police of your arrival in Padua. This procedure costs €16.00, it won't allow you to work and you won't be able to remain in Italy after you have graduated from Unipd.
  • If your European permit expires before the end of your stay in Italy and you won't renew it before coming to Padua, you will have to apply for an Italian visa in the EU country where you currently reside. With the visa, you will also have to apply for an Italian residence permit once you arrive in Italy: the cost is around €100.00 Euros and the study permit allows you to work part-time. The residence permit can be renewed until you graduate and after the graduation you can obtain another type of permit to stay in Italy up to one more year.

For both procedures a health insurance is required. The criteria to be met by the insurance are described under the step "Health Insurance" (see above).

  Step 6: The Buddy service

The Tutoring Office, in cooperation with the Projects and Mobility Office - Mobility Unit, provides a Buddy Service set up to support students under any exchange programme. All Buddies are students of the University of Padova enrolled in Master’s Degree courses. The task of a Buddy is to welcome exchange students, assist them during the registration and enrolment procedures. Buddies can be contacted by email or by telephone for any issue regarding the university life.

Joint/Double Degrees students do not need to request a Buddy, they will be assigned one automatically.

  Step 7: Italian Language Course

Students can attend the Italian language courses offered by our language centre, CLA – Centro linguistico di Ateneo
The registration period opens around 2 weeks before language courses start. Further information are provided by filling in the CLA contact form available online.

Relevant procedures - Joint/double Degrees

Double/Joint Degrees (homepage)
Before your arrival
On your arrival
During your stay
At the end of your stay