Study in English - how to enrol

All degree programmes (except Medicine and Surgery)

Congratulations! You have been offered a place at the University of Padua (see “How to apply”). To accept it, you must pay the admission fee on Please follow the Guidelines below ("How to pay your enrolment fee").

If you are a non-EU citizen residing outside Italy, please note that you must also pre-enrol at the Italian Embassy/Consulate in your country of residence through the Universitaly portal at your earliest convenience and no later than 15 July.

The form is available both in English and Italian and is composed of three sections (personal information, Embassy and degree programme, qualification). Please select ‘Università degli Studi di Padova’ and the degree programme you have been admitted to.

Please check our video tutorial on how to fill the pre-enrolment form.

Please note that a study visa ("visto D per studio - immatricolazione") is required to enter Italy.

Arrival in Padua
Upon your arrival, you must apply for a residence permit within 8 working days.
Enrolment documents must be delivered in person to the Admissions and Welcome Unit Desk, book your appointment here.

You do not need to book an in-person appointment:

Medicine and Surgery

Information about enrolment can be found in the relevant Call for admission.

Information on documents (all degree programmes)

  Required documents

Bachelor's and single-cycle degrees

a) Secondary school diploma (achieved after at least 12 years of schooling) translated into Italian or English and legalised;

In case of school education lasting less than 12 years, transcripts of records showing you have completed one or two years of academic studies OR a post-secondary qualification OR a certificate showing you have successfully completed a foundation course. These documents should also be officially translated into Italian and legalised.

If in the country where your qualification has been issued, an entrance exam is required to be admitted to the University (e.g. Selectividad in Spain, Prova de Aferiçao or Prova Geral de Acesso ao Ensino Superior in Portugal, Vestibular or Exame Nacional do Ensino Médio in Brazil, Gao Kao in China), you must provide a certificate showing you have passed that test.

b) Your Study Visa D - enrolment (ONLY for non-EU applicants residing outside Italy);

c) Your ID (ONLY for EU – or equivalent – applicants) / passport;

d) Your residence permit OR Assicurata (residence permit application receipt) (ONLY for non-EU applicants).


Master's degrees

a) Bachelor’s diploma (or a post-secondary qualification awarded by a non-university higher education institution allowing admission to Master’s degrees) translated into Italian or English and legalised;

b) Transcript of Records as issued by a competent academic authority, stating passed exams (preferably indicating ECTS credits, where applicable) grades and programme description. The Transcript of Records must be translated into Italian or English and legalised;

c) Your Study Visa D - enrolment (ONLY for non-EU applicants residing outside Italy)

d) Your ID (ONLY for EU – or equivalent – applicants) / passport;

e) Your residence permit OR Assicurata (residence permit application receipt) (ONLY for non-EU applicants).

  Translation and legalisation of documents

Academic Qualifications and certificates must be submitted with an official translation according to the rules set by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI).

Legalisation is required in order to guarantee the document authenticity and can be obtained at the Italian Embassy or Consulate of the country where the Diploma has been awarded.

If the country where the qualification has been awarded is a member of the Hague Convention (1961) an Apostille must be affixed by competent authorities, instead of legalization.

Should you have difficulties in obtaining legalisation or apostille, you can alternatively request the Statement of Verification issued by CIMEA (upon payment) through a personal account on MyDiplome. You can find more information on the dedicated website. Enrolled students will be automatically reimbursed through the second or third instalment of university tuition fees, unless they benefit from full tuition fee-waivers or scholarships of any kind.

Nor legalization neither apostille are required if the qualification has been awarded in countries where specific international agreements have been established: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland (Brussels Convention 1987), Germany (Rome Convention 1969), Latvia (for documents released after 31/10/2010), Luxembourg, Netherlands (extended to Netherlands Antilles and Aruba), Poland and Portugal.

Global Engagement Office - Admissions and Welcome Unit

Palazzo Anselmi
Lungargine del Piovego 1 - 35131 Padova

Get in touch with the Global Engagement Office.

For academic related information, please contact the programme coordinator/secretariat.

tel. +39 0498273131

Chat with our Unibuddy Ambassadors.