Key Documents


PagoPa is a payment method which guarantees safe and reliable electronic payments towards the public administration. PagoPA can be used to pay all tuition fees at the University of Padova, including the pre-enrolment fee (euro 30).

  ISEE (Equivalent Economic Status Index)

ISEE is an official certificate which indicates your financial standing in any given year on the basis of family status, earnings, property and expenses. You will need to provide information and documentation regarding you and your family’s annual income and assets.

Please be aware that you might need several months to collect the documents required to obtain the ISEE Certificate, have them translated and legalised, etc. We therefore strongly recommend to start the process as soon as possible.

Applications must be submitted to the specific CAF (Fiscal Assistance Centre) partner of the University, located in Padova, Via Belzoni 48/50 (Phone 049.772167 - email:

The CAF is open on Tuesday and Thursday from 9.00 a.m. to 12.30 a.m. and from 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

  Richiesta di Agevolazioni - Application for benefits

After the calculation of the ISEE Certificate, you need to fill in and confirm the “Richiesta di Agevolazioni” to apply for the economic benefits offered by the University.

The application form is available from July of every year in your reserved area on Uniweb: check “Right to university studies, disability disclosure, summer courses”.

For further information please check the guide below.

  Tax code (codice fiscale)

The Italian tax code (codice fiscale) is an alphanumeric code which allows Italian authorities to identify any person. The tax code is essential if you need to sign a contract in Italy,  to open a bank account, and to access many public services (including health services).

The official tax code is NOT needed at application stage. The online application system will authomatically generate a tax code for all non-Italian citizens. The official code is however needed to enrol at the University of Padova.

The tax code is issued by the Italian Revenue Agency (Agenzia delle Entrate). You can apply for a tax code following one of the procedures detailed below:

  • Apply directly at the Italian consular authorities in your country of residence (recommended). Visit the website of the Italian consulate/embassy in your country for further information


  • For students: contact the International Office ( providing a copy of your passport. The Office will request a tax code on your behalf and forward it to you once ready. Please note that it may take several weeks.
  • For staff: contact the University/Department office of reference providing a copy of your passport. The Office will request a tax code on your behalf and forward it to you once ready. Please note that it may take several weeks. 

Ufficio Servizi agli studenti

The Student Service Office is closed to the public until 25/03/2020.
For all future communications, please use your institutional email address ( and indicate your Student number.

Via Portello, 31 - 35129 Padova,
Tel. +39 049 8273131 (Call Centre) - Fax +39 049 8275030,
Opening hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 10-13; Tuesdays 10-13 and 15-16.30; Thursdays 10-15; Fridays 10-13 only on reservation