Department of Statistical Sciences
The Department of Statistical Sciences was established in early 1984 and was the successor to the Institute of Statistics, the prestigious institution founded by Corrado Gini in 1913. The Department currently has 14 full professors, 16 associate professors and 13 assistant professors, working on both methodological and applied matters. The staff is composed of 19 members.
Since 2009, the Department has received about € 1 million for research purposes. It has an international research profile, as revealed by many publications in major international journals. Since 1984, the Department has offered PhD programmes in Statistics and, since 2005 organizes the PhD School in Statistical Sciences There are currently 21 PhD students enrolled in the School, coming from all over the world.
Dipartimento di Scienze Statistiche
Via Battisti, 241