Laurea magistrale a ciclo unico
This degree course runs as a single cycle; the degree is awarded at the end of five or six years and requires 300-360 credits. These courses are one-tier degree courses, without intermediate exit, and are in alternative to the two-tier degree course scheme. They are usually adopted in order to prepare for EU regulated professions (e.g., medicine and surgery, veterinary medicine, pharmacology). The laurea magistrale a ciclo unico grants access to competitions for the Italian civil service, state-regulated and non-state-regulated professions, research doctorate programmes and all other degree courses of the 3rd cycle. Graduates are awarded the qualification of dottore magistrale.
Admission Bulletin Boards 2013/14 are available on the Italian website.
- How to apply
- How to ask for the recognition of examinations or educational activities (already passed or to be passed shortly, before the deadlines for enrolment): Credit Pre-Evaluation Form
Students have to pay each year 3 installments of the tuition fees:
- during the enrolment procedure (1st year students) OR 28th September (other students)
- within February 15th , 2013
- within May 15th , 2013
First fee for first year applicants is € 582. The total amount of the following fees ranges from € 1802 to € 2214, depending on the degree (unless scholarships or reductions). Please check the Italian website for further information
The University can handle regional funds to finance low-income students, both Italian and foreign, who have a good academic record.
The scholarship consists partly of money and partly of services, such as accommodation and meals at the University canteens (provided by the ESU Office).
The application form has to be filled in on line from August 1st to September 28th 2012 (1.00 p.m.).
Students will declare their economic condition through the ISEE, i.e. Income Assessment Form.
Moreover, foreign students will produce further documentation: a certification of the their household composition and a certification of incomes and properties, if residing in Italy because of working, of family reunification, or because they are political refugees. If they reside abroad, the documents have to be translated by the Italian Consulate/Embassy.
- students enrolled for the first year beyond the standard duration of the course, who meet the criteria or are beneficiaries of a regional scholarship. Applicable also to first year scholarship students who may not have collected 20 credits within the allotted period. Exemption signifies a partial refund of the first instalment. In applying for a regional scholarship, the candidate applies automatically for exemption from the payment of fees;
- disabled students with invalidity assessed at between 50% and 65% and income (ISEE declaration - Equivalent Economic Status Index) no higher than €21,000. Exemption signifies payment of the first instalment only. To request exemption, students must inform the University of their situation and income (ISEE) on Uniweb and present a certificate of invalidity to the Disability Service;
- students who are also in work, as defined specifically in the exemptions announcement. Exemption signifies a reduction of the enrolment fee and of student contributions, and is granted for the full duration of the degree course plus the three years thereafter. To apply, students must provide self-certified details of their situation on Uniweb;
- student mothers during the academic year of giving birth (1 October – 30 September). Exemption signifies full exemption from payment of the second and third instalments. The birth certificate of the child must be produced, naming the applicant as mother;
- students enrolled on three year degree courses, class L27, L30, L35 and L41. Under a specific subsidy scheme provided by law, student contributions paid during the first year of enrolment are reimbursed. The reimbursement is total or partial depending on how many credits the student has collected, and awarded on a classification basis, for as long as there are funds available. This benefit is not offered to students qualifying for total exemption from the payment of fees, or to those who have changed their degree course, or moved to another University, during the academic year subsequent to the first year;
- deserving students enrolled for the first year of three year degree courses and single cycle degree courses with school leaving grade of 60/60 or 100/100, according to the conditions stated in the exemptions announcement. Exemption signifies a reduction of student contributions and is applied automatically;
- deserving students enrolled for the first year of second cycle degree courses with graduation grade among the top 10% of grades achieved by all enrollees. The specific conditions are indicated in the exemptions announcement. Exemption signifies a reduction of student contributions and is applied automatically;
- deserving students enrolled for years subsequent to the first year. Student contributions are reduced or increased on the basis of prescribed merit or demerit parameters. The exemptions announcement specifies the criteria adopted for the system and the categories of students qualifying for exemption.
Download Exemption announcement (PDF in Italian)
- students enrolled for standard course years who meet the criteria or are beneficiaries of a regional scholarship. Exemption signifies a refund of almost the entire sum payable at the time of enrolment, with no further instalments payable thereafter. In applying for a regional scholarship, the candidate applies automatically for exemption from the payment of fees;
- disabled students whose invalidity is assessed at between 66% and 100%. Exemption signifies payment of a single reduced instalment. To request exemption, students must inform the University of their situation on Uniweb and present a certificate of invalidity to the Disability Service;
- students detained in penitentiaries of the Triveneto region, as permitted under the relative agreement with the Ministry of Justice. Exemption signifies payment of a single reduced instalment.
Download Exemption announcement (PDF in Italian)